Friday, November 12, 2010

Personal Essay

A time in my life that I have confronted disappointed was during my tennis season at school. When we had finished playing all of the teams in the ocean league, we were told that we the Inglewood High School team was tied in third place with Culver City High School. In order to break the tie we had to have a tie breaker game. We knew that how we performed in this game was going to decide what place we were going to play in the finals. We all wanted to win so we were going to do our best in our matches. When it was time to begin, we were all very nervous. As the matches began I was concentrated and was determined to win. When I won the first game of the match I began to feel more confident. As the match continued it was really close, we were both doing well. When I would score a good point she will return one as well. At the end she won the overall match. When I played my second match I was exhausted by the first match and knew because I was tired I had to play even better. My second match was a repeat of what happened in my first match. I came out to be fairly close and we were both given it our all, but at the end I once again had lost a match. I was very disappointed because if I would have tried a little harder I know I would have won both of my matches. Both matches turned out close but I was not satisfied knowing that. I wanted to win my matches so our team could take third place in the finals. Even though I lost my matches I knew how to handle the situation, I was not so hard on myself because I tried my best and in the finals I will not give up and give it my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment